The Core Team
In a typical Salesforce Project delivery, the following resources from the core team:
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers/Scrum Masters
- Quality Analysts/Testers
The role of a Salesforce tester is that of a full-fledged engineer in its own right, therefore they are more commonly referred to as Quality Engineers as an alternative to Quality Assurance. Typically they are either Salesforce.com Certified Administrators or Salesforce.com Certified developers. In layman terms, they have all the skills to work on testing assignments for projects that follow Agile as well as traditional software life cycle and can review codes for bugs, and be able to design, write, maintain, and scale complex test frameworks, and sometimes even set up test environments from scratch.
What is the responsibility of a Salesforce Tester?
- The major function of a Salesforce Tester includes services like Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Load Testing, Deployment Testing, and Security Testing.
- Manual testing, for which specific type of experience and skills related to testing are not required, mainly includes the testing of Salesforce.com App using a human with a methodical approach
- Testers having experience with AssureClick, Selenium, QTP etc. play a vital role in Salesforce Automated Testing.
- Salesforce testers are required to test Salesforce.com or Force.com apps functional testing which incorporated Unit Testing and Process Testing.
- Sometimes the testers are required to work on the application and gain the understanding of its functionality to create functions map. They then use the functions map to create and execute the test cases.
- Other important testing types include:
- Salesforce.com Load testing
- Salesforce.com Security testing
- Salesforce.com CRM ad-hoc testing
As a career option, the growth prospects for a Salesforce tester are very rapid. ADM 201 certification can add to their career development immensely. With a background in testing, they make for qualified candidates for the role of future business analysts. Happy Testing!
- 5 Mistakes A Salesforce Developer Can Commit Or Should Avoid - October 28, 2017
- Salesforce Sandboxes – Key Player in Managing & Deploying Customization - October 20, 2017
- Publishing An App On AppExchange - October 12, 2017
- Demand Tools - October 6, 2017
- Salesforce Trailhead for Developers - September 19, 2017